Links at top of page

Followers

Thursday 27 May 2010

A girl can't have too many handbags!

I was watching Create and Craft this morning (Shock, Horror) and they had Polka Doodles on. Now I don't know the ladies name but she showed a handbag made out of a template on her CD. It was lovely. Then it made me think, I have a Sizzix DL die of a layered banner. This looked the same shape as the panels in her bag. The largest part of the die looked the same shape as the panels in her bag. So I got out my die and cut out some of the shapes with some Basic Grey papers I had. I creased the outer edge of the two long sides and folded the scored bits outwards. Then I stuck them together. My tape didn't hold too well so I ended up stapling it in some parts( Don't look too closely)
For the handle I cut 4 hinges from my Tm Holtz Hardware Findings die. I glued to together and then a brad to attach it to the bag itself. The Banner die automatically cut some holes in the banner shapes so I threaded some thin ribbon through it. I would have used brown ribbon but unfortunately I tidied up. Fatal! It always means I lose things for months!!!
Any way here is the end result.
Please remember it is only a quick make so please don't be too critical. It took me about half an hour to make.
This bag could be made for real if you used material as the die will cut through material too.
Have a good evening
Love Sarah XXX

6 comments:

  1. How right you are - never enough!!! How cute is this one - great colour combo too love it!! :o) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow..this is fab chic.. love it!!..Debs x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely and very clever! xx Jenny xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow this is fab, love the shape and gorgeous papers.luv coops.xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh WOW Sarah!!! THis is just GORGEOUS!!! Love the papers and the handles!! SO clever !!!
    Hugs:)
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  6. Flipping hell girl! that is AWEsome! I love everything about it the handles are brilliant! I need a new bag too! HAHA!! :0)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails