Links at top of page

Followers

Friday 16 April 2010

Black and white topiary tree

This is a little project I made recently. I had the idea to make a topiary tree to put in my bedroom which is black and white.
First I bought a terracotta flower pot with fake soil and grass from Hobbycrafts

Then I painted it with acrylic paint first then Distress Crackle paint




The paint will crackle as it dries. You can spray clear varnish over it at this point.




I painted a polystyrene ball with Acrylic paint and a bamboo skewer with black Promarker.



I punched out flowers from black and white papers, and black leaves with a MS punch. I attached these to the polystyrene with wires that had pearls on the end (floristry section of Hobbycrafts) . Finally I added twists of fine wire to it.
And there you have it. A very quick and easy table decoration
Love sarah XXX

11 comments:

  1. Brilliant! Sarah. The colours are gorgeous. :) I've got one or two spare balls left over from my cupcake project. Will definately give this a try. Thanks for sharing. Have a great weekend. Gez.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous project Sarah and I love the colour scheme makes it look very elegant.
    Max x

    ReplyDelete
  3. THis turned out great!! Love the black and white color scheme!!
    Hugs:)
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow this is stunning sarah, really great colours and love the flowers.would make a great gift.luv coops.xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love what you have done, the colours and papers look great. Will have to remember this for Christmas to make a table decoration for the festive season.
    Have a lovely weekend.
    LOL Bxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wowzers this is stunning Sarah! I love the fabby B&W colour combo...such a great idea and it could be used for table decorations for all sorts of occasions.
    Thanks for the inspiration.
    Hugs
    Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is sso cute! Great idea, I love the flowers you put on there and the colors. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Morning Sarah

    This is fabulous, guess what I might do this weekend ? You have inspired me.

    Have a good weekend.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  9. so gorgeous and so creative!! Love the monochrome look!! hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow this is brilliant I am having a coffee and a scroll back a little through your blog and this is blinking fantastic!! WOW!! so cool! :0)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails